English 9 – Unit 9: Natural Disasters – Lesson 1: Getting started, Listen and Read
1. Thuy's grandmother wants her to turn up the volume on TV because she wants to
listen to the weather forecast.
2. It will be raining along the coast of Thanh Hoa.
3. The central highlands will experience thunderstorms.
4. Ho Chi Minh City will have tempretures between 27 o C and 35 o C.
5. Although Thuy's grandmother doesn't trust weather forecasts, she likes watching them.
2. Watch this lesson on TutEnglish.com Power Point
<------Read some infomation about this Lesson------>
3. Getting started - Vocabulary Pre– learn
- Snowstorm (n): heavy fall of snow especially with wind
- Earthquake (n): convulsion of the earth's surface.
- Volcano (n): mountain or hill with openings through which ashes and gases are ejected.
-Typhoon (n): violent storm especially in East Asian seas.
4. Listen and read
And now here's the weather forecast for the next twenty–four hours. I'll divide the country into three, starting with the North West and the North East of the country. Well, There' ll be some early morning mists, and after that it'll be mainly dry and sunny, but quite cold, with temperatures around
six or seven. It should stay dry all day.
And now the South West. You can expect some rain in the morning and afternoon. There might be some storms, as well, with thunder and lightning.
There'll be quite strong winds and the temperature will be lower than yesterday, around three or four degree.
The South East and the Midlands will see the best of today's weather. It'll be warmer than yesterday, no winds and sunshine nearly all day, with temperatures around ten or eleven, so quite warm for the time of year.
1. What'll the weather be like in the North West and the North East of the country?
2. Will it be dry and sunny?
3. Will it rain in South West?
4. What is the temperature in the region?
5. What'll the weather be like in the South East and the Midlands?
6. Will the temperatures be lower then ten degree?
1. It will be mainly dry and sunny but quite cold.
2. Yes, it will be.
3. Yes, it will be.
4. The temperatures will be around three or four degree.
5. It will be warmer than yesterday, no winds and sunshine nearly all day.
6. No, it won't.
>>> Choose icon and lick here to Download materials for Teaching and learning This English Lecture
|Home||Power Point||.FLV on You Tube||Lesson Plan, Test, Exercise|